Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The first goose egg



Our first goose egg! Tommy was at a baseball game and Sadie and I were hanging out. She is learning to pull up and this time she lost her balance and her head hit the wall . I had heard a goose egg was good but damn that Natasha Richardson with her head bump. So I freaked and grabbed the first pair of shoes I could find, a pair of black high heels, and off we went. We were quite the sight . Sadie was very wal-mart esq in her shirt and diaper and me in my pj's and high heels. I decided to take her to the after hours clinic thinking if it was really bad they could get me into the ER faster. The last thing I wanted to do was sit in a n ER for 5 hours for them to tell me she was fine and then receive a $2000 bill later. The clinic was closed so I prayed and then it came to me. Fire departments have first responders and EMT's they could check her out and if it was bad now we would get int he ER faster and a fire truck ride. The men were super nice and checked her out . She passed all the test and they said keep her up and hour and as long as she doesn't vomit we were good. So now we have a great story and a cool Junior Fire Fighter sticker we can put in her baby book. You can see it in the picture . What a night ! God is good!

3 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so glad she's OK! Those falls are so scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor baby! Once they start walking you can look forward to a few more of those. May need to buy her a helmet...just kidding! Ms. Little Jr. Fire Fighter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sorry about the accident- i am sure it scared you! i love that you ended up at the fire department!!

    ReplyDelete